Hiring a good personal injury lawyer is an important step if you are thinking about getting legal representation for a personal injury claim. You cannot just get an attorney: you need a qualified lawyer that can provide you with the legal advice and representation you deserve to get fair compensation.
This article will not only discuss the benefits of choosing us to represent you during your claim, but also some details about personal injury claims that you should have in mind to understand where compensations come from.
WHAT ARE COMPENSATIONS?
Compensations are means to alleviate some of the burdens on the shoulders of accident victims. They are a method of paying back victims for all their losses. If you were a victim of any injury that was sustained during an accident that was not your fault, then you are entitled to compensation for both pecuniary and non-pecuniary losses.
There are many expenses that are included in the compensation, which is also known as compensatory damages. Some of these expenses are costs due to lost income in the future, expenses due to any damage caused to an individual’s property, compensation for psychological pain and suffering, and any expenses linked to medical treatment and hospitalization.
As an accident victim that suffered from injuries caused during the event, you are entitled to pursue many other kinds of compensations. The insurance company of the at-fault party has to account for all this money, which is why it will do all it can to avoid settlement negotiations or to pay anything at all.
TYPES OF LOSSES
Losses can be divided into two different categories: objective and subjective, which are also known as pecuniary and non-pecuniary respectively.
• Pecuniary: They refer to economic damages in general. Whatever injuries you suffered, you will probably have to spend money on medical treatment. All lost wages due to the sustained injuries have to be accounted for as well, and they are all financial, so they count as pecuniary.
• Non-pecuniary:They are subjective damages; they refer to psychological pain and suffering. Insurance companies need to account for these damages as well.
HOW CAN YOU KNOW WE WILL HELP YOU?
There are many reasons why you should trust us as a law firm to help you claim your payout for personal injury:
• We are a law firm with decades of experience in personal injury claims.
• We are comprised of a set of highly qualified and expert personal injury lawyers.
• We understand that every personal injury claim is different and that you, as a client, have personal needs and that you will require proper legal advice and representation to get the compensation you deserve.
If you are interested in our services, reach us at 587-600-9113 if you are in Airdrie, 403-879-2505 if you are in Okotoks, and 587-605-7003 if you are in Lloydminster. We will be glad to answer all your questions.